Today, we are living in a world of technology. Technology plays a vital role in almost everything that we see around us, from our cellphone, laptops, education, business to research, technology has covered all the major sections of our living. With such an important role of technology in our day-today life, it is not astonishing to believe that top companies in terms of market capitalization in the world are tech companies. So, here we have a list of top 10 tech companies in the world with the highest market value in the world.
1. Microsoft – Microsoft is the most valuable company in the world with its market capitalisation of worth $1045 Billion. Microsoft is commonly knowns for its product Windows but it deals in many tech sectors like cloud computing, artificial intelligence, software development, hardware, electronics, etc. It was started in the year 1975 by Bill Gates and Paul Allen and its headquarters are in Redmond, Washington, USA.
2. Apple Inc. – Apple is currently the second-largest company in terms of the market capitalization of $1003 Billion. It is the second tech company after Microsoft to cross the mark of $1 Trillion. Largely known for its iPhone and MacBook, it is a company dealing in hardware, information technology, electronics, software, etc. Apple was started in the year 1976 by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne, after that, it revolutionized the industry with its Apple computers and it never looked back. The company has its headquarters in Cupertino, California, USA.
3. Amazon Inc. – Amazon is a company predominantly in e-commerce but also works in cloud computing, electronics, etc. It has a market capitalization of $919 Billion including e-commerce and technology. It is commonly said that it is not a tech company but the argument is wrong because it has a presence in the tech world although it is lower than its other competitors. Amazon was started in the year 1994 by Jeff Bezos and the company headquarters is in Seattle, Washington, USA.
4. Alphabet Inc.- Alphabet is the parent company of famous search engine Google and it holds other ventures too besides Google. It has a market capitalization of $735 Billion and is the fourth largest technology company in the world. Alphabet Inc. through its sub-brands works in the field of
software, games, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, etc. It was started in the year 1993 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, USA.
5. Alibaba Group – Alibaba is the largest e-trading platform in the world with a market capitalization of $486 Billion. It is a tech company dealing in e-commerce, cloud computing, mobile technology, etc. Alibaba Group was started in the year 1999 and it is a first company based in China to be among the top 5 Technology leaders. The company has its headquarters in Hangzhou, China.
6. Tencent – Tencent is a tech company in gaming, multimedia, e-commerce, search engine, social networking, artificial intelligence, etc. It is a Chinese company with a market capitalization of $433 Billion and is the fifth-largest tech company in the world. The company has headquarters in Nanshan District, Shenzen, China.
7. Facebook – Facebook is a social networking company based in the USA with a market capitalization of $427 Billion. Facebook is commonly known for its product facebook but it also owns Instagram and Whatsapp, the two famous social networking platforms. It also deals in online advertising,
cryptocurrency and many others. It was started in the year 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg and its headquarters is in Menlo Park, California, USA.
8. Samsung – Samsung is a company commonly known for its smartphones and other consumer electronics items. It is the eighth-largest tech company with a market capitalization of $240 Billion. The company also deals in electronics, shipbuilding, aviation, household items, etc. Samsung was
started in the year 1938 and it is a South Korean company with its headquarters in Suwon, Republic of South Korea.
9. TSMC– Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company(TSMC) is a company based on semiconductor electronics. It has a market capitalization of $231 Billion and is the only company among the top 10 to related to semiconductor electronics. It designs and manufactures circuits for
companies like Apple, Intel, Nvidia, Texas Instruments, etc. TMC is a Taiwan based company with its headquarters in Hsinchu, Taiwan.
10. AT&T – AT&T is a telecommunication company working in satellite communication, internet services, mobile phone communication, video games, etc. The company has a market capitalization of $204 Billion and is the leading company in the telecommunication industry. AT&T is a company based in the USA with its headquarters in Dallas, Texas, USA.
So, here we have seen the world top ten leaders in the field of technology. Hope you liked it!