Sweet and sour fish is a very tasty and popular Indo chinese recipe. This is a dry version of the sweet and sour fish recipe.
21/2 tbsp Corn Flour / Corn Starch
11/2 tbsp Soya Sauce
11/2 tbsp Vinegar
3/4 cup Chicken Stock
3tbsp Spring Onions (chopped)
2 tbsp Tomato Sauce
1 tsp Ginger Paste
Salt to taste
Pepper Powder to taste
11/2 tbsp Sugar
A pinch ajinomoto
Oil to fry
2 tbsp oil
- Take 1tbsp soya sauce, 1 tbsp corn flour, salt & pepper in a bowl and form a mixture.
- Cover fish pieces with the above mixture evenly.
- Heat oil in a wok / kadhai and deep fry the fish pieces till golden brown.
- Now heat 2 tbsp oil in a separate pan and add ginger paste, onions, pepper, salt and ajinomoto. Sauté for a minute.
- Add chicken broth, remaining soya sauce and corn flour, sugar and vinegar and bring to boil.
- Dissolve corn flour in a 1/2 cup water and add to the curry stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Add fried fish pieces. Simmer for a minute or two.
- Serve the sweet and sour fish hot with steamed / boiled rice.