When fasting for navratri or any other vrat coming up with easy and quick to prepare recipes are always a priority. Sukhi arbi recipe is just one of them. This recipe can be made in a jiffy and is very tasty too. Do try your hand at dry arbi sabji for vrat.
1/4 tsp Ajwain (Carom Seeds)
1 Green chilly (Hari mirch)
1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
1 tsp Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
1/2 tsp Amchur Powder
Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
1 tblsp Green Coriander (Hara Dhania)
1-2 tsp Oil
- First boil the arbi in pressure cooker by giving just 2 whistles. Then peel it and chop it into round pieces. The pieces should not be too thin or the pieces will break while cooking. Keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a kadai/pan and add the ajwain and hing. After few seconds add turmeric and green chilly.
- Now add the cut arbi pieces. Mix and let it simmer on slow flame for till all the arbi gets crispy and golden. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Once the arbi gets crispy add red chilly powder, coriander powder, salt and amchur powder.
- Mix well and let the arbi cook for some more time.
- Switch off the flame and sprinkle chopped coriander on the sukhi arbi.