Sindhi Channa is cooked using chickpeas or chole in onion and tomato based gravy. Discover how to make Sindhi channa.
3 Tomatoes (grated)
2 tsp Ginger Garlic (crushed)
2-3 Bay Leaves
2 Badi Elaichi (Black Cardamom)
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
1 tsp Amchur Powder
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
Salt to taste
- Take a pressure cooker and add soaked channa with 5 cups water,sliced onion (1),bay leaves,cardomom,cloves,peppercorn and salt.Let it cook on a low flame till channas are done.
- When Channas are done drain the water and separate whole spices.Keep aside.
- Now puree the remaining onions.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.Let it splutter and add ginger garlic and pureed onion. Fry till golden brown.
- Now add tomatoes,turmeric powder,amchur,coriander,pepper, garam masala powder and fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the drained channa water (stock).Mix well and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with pooris.