Upma is very tasty and easy to make breakfast food item. Here is the recipe for rava upma.
25 gms fried Cashew Nuts (optional)
1 inch Ginger chopped
1 chopped Onion
3 Green Chillies slit sideways
1 Potato chopped
1 Capsicum chopped
1 Carrot chopped
1/4 cup Green Peas frozen or fresh
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 tsp Urad Daal
1 tsp Channa Daal
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
Chili powder to taste (optional)
2 tblsp Oil
Few curry leaves
Finely chopped corianderleaves
1 tblsp Ghee
Lemon juice to taste
- Sift rava through a muslin / cheese cloth or very fine sieve.
- Heat 1tbsp. pure ghee / unsalted butter and fry rava ,on a moderate heat, stiring constantly to light brown color and set aside.
- Now heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and allow them to splatter.
- Add the daals : channa & urad & curry leaves to it and fry till they turn red.
- Add onion, ginger and green chilies. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables, turmeric & chili powder, and salt to taste.
- Now add 3 cups of water and cover the pan and allow it simmer on low heat until the vegetables are done.
- Add the fried rava to it stirring constantly till it becomes little thick.
- Take off from the heat and lemon juice if desired.
- Serve hot garnished with cashews and coriander.