salt to taste
banana leaves to wrap each fillet
30 ml goundnut oil
- Clean and wash fish.
- Make fillets and cut each fillet into two.
- Make horizontal slits on the pieces. Sprinkle vinegar and salt and miarinate for 30 minutes.
- Trim, wash and wipe banana leaves. Cut coconut into pieces. Clean and chop coriander.
- Wash, slit and remove the seeds from the green chillies. Peel garlic.
- Now put all these and the remaining ingredients in the mixie to make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Stuff fish pieces with chutney and spread the rest on both sides. Apply oil on banana leaves and wrap each piece separately.
- Steam the wrapped fish pieces for 30 minutes. Cut lemon into wedges.
- After 30 minutes, remove fish from steam, unwrap arrange on a platter and serve with lemon wedges.