Palak paratha is a delicious and nutritious way of feeding spinach to the kids. Palak is readily available year-round these days. Spinach paratha tastes great with yogurt, pickle or any chutney. These parathas are an easy and simple way of fulfilling all your vitamin A needs. Learn how to make palak paratha by following this easy recipe.
2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin seed (powder)
Pinch of turmeric powder
1 tsp ajwain or carom seeds (roasted)
1 green chili
1/4 cup coriander leaves (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
- Wash the palak leaves. Set aside 100 gms and cut it coarsely.
- Blanch the rest and refresh in cold water.
- Wash and de-seed the green chillies. Cut roughly.
- Puree the blanched palak leaves and green chillies together.
- Sieve the atta with salt and make a soft dough with palak puree, cut palak and water if needed.
- Cover with a moist cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out each, spread some ghee and fold into half.
- Fold again into quarter and keep aside for 5 minutes. roll out into triangles with each side of 6″ approximately.
- Heat up a tawa and put the paratha over it. turn it and spread some ghee round it. turn Again and spread some ghee on the other side too.
- Fry till both sides are evenly cooked.
- Serve hot with yogurt.