150 gms – Grated paneer
3 – Tomatoes
2 – Grated onions
1 1/2 tsp -Ginger paste
1 1/2 tsp – Garlic paste
Salt To Taste
1 tsp – Turmeric Powder
1 1/2 tsp – Red chilli powder
1 tsp – Coriander powder
2 tsp – Garam Masala Powder
2 tbsp – Cream
6 tbsp – Vegetable oil
1 tbsp – Ghee
1 cup – Milk / water
1/4 cup – Dry fruits (cashew nuts, raisins)
Coriander leaves for decoration
- Boil tomatoes till tender. Allow them to cool. Then peel off the tomato skin to make puree. Readymade tomato puree can also be used.
- Take 1 tbsp ghee and slightly fry the dry fruits for about 1 min on medium heat.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry onions and ginger-garlic paste till golden brown.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add tomato puree and dry fruits. Stir well and cook the mixture for 4 minutes. Ensure that the mixture doesn’t stick to bottom of pan.
- Add milk (use water alternatively). Bring it to boil. Reduce the heat and cook until the gravy becomes thick.
- Add paneer to the gravy and stir well.
- Finally add all the vegetables to the above gravy and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve the navratan korma hot. Put cream and chopped coriander leaves on the navaratna korma decorate .