Here’s a delicious, healthy pickle recipe with mushrooms. Learn how to make mushroom pickle.
1/2 kg water chestnuts (singhade)
2 cup vinegar (sirka)
40 gm jaggery (gud)
2 tsp red chilly powder (lal mirch)
2 tsp spice blend (garam masala)
2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
2 tsp salt (namak)
2 tbsp mustard seeds (raai)
2 tbsp aniseed (saunf)
2 tsp fenugreek seeds (methiana)
a pinch asafoetida (hing)
a pinch ginger (adrak)
250 gm mustard oil
- Boil and peel singhade.
- Wash mushrooms and cut them.
- Let mushroom and singhade dry.
- Grind jeera, raai, saunf, methidana.
- Make adrak paste.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a pan and fry singhade in it till it becomes light brown. Take them out.
- Now fry adrak and remove it from the flame.
- Add all the spices in it.
- Now mix mushroom and singhade well so that masala is mixed well.
- After 2-3 hours mix gud in sirka and cook.
- Let it cool and mix with aachar.
- Store in a jar and then put extra oil.