Moong dal chilla is a simple recipe made from a batter of minced moong dal and onions and tomatoes. Though easy to make these moong dal cheela taste awesome.
1 green chili
1 onion (finely chopped)
1 tomato (finely chopped)
1 tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
1 inch ginger
Red chili powder
Salt to taste
Oil (to make chillas)
- Wash and soak the moong dal for 2 hours.
- Drain the dal and grind them along with green chili and ginger.
- Add little water to get pouring consistency. Beat well.
- Add salt, coriander leaves, onion, tomato and red chili powder to the batter and mix well.
- Heat the griddle. Spread little oil and then spread the batter like dosas and fry from both sides using little oil.
- Serve hot with sauce.