A thepla is a wholesome meal. Gujarati thepla is wheat flour roti spiced and fresh methi added. Learn how to make methi thepla.
2 crushed Green Chillies
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1/2 tsp Haldi (turmeric)
1 tbsp Ginger & Garlic paste
1 tsp Ajwain 1 pinch Hing
1/2 bunch Methi Leaves
1 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Cumin Seeds powder
Salt to taste
Oil as needed
- Put wheat flour in a flat vessel bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients int it including the methi leaves.
- Add 1 tsp oil and knead it. Let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Then make even size small balls of the dough.
- Roll them separately with a rolling pin into a round shape.
- Heat the griddle and roast each of the rolled out theplas one by one.
- First roast one side,turn it upside down.
- Then put 1/2 tsp oil on the turned side and again it upside down.
- Repeat the same with the other side.
- When evenly roasted remove it from griddle.
- Repeat this for all the balls.
- Serve them hot with butter or chutney or curd.