Masala koki is an everyday Sindhi breakfast dish. It is a thick parantha made by stuffing onions. Learn how to make masala koki.
1 Onion (finely chopped)
1-2 Green Chillies (finely chopped)
2 tblsp coriander & mint leaves (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp Red chilly powder
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
Salt to taste
2 1/2 tblsp Desi Ghee
Ghee or Oil to roast the koki (roti)
- Mix wheatflour,onions,green chillies,cumin seeds,salt,mint & coriander leaves, red chilly powder,2 1/2 tblsp desi ghee and knead a stiff dough by adding little water.
- Make equal round portions out of this dough (about six)
- Roll out each portion in a shape of roti or parantha and prick it with fork all over to cook it evenly.
- Heat a tawa and grease it with some ghee.
- Gently place a rolled out koki on it and roast it from both sides evenly by applying ghee.
- Serve masala koki hot with curd or chutneys.