1 cup Vinegar (Sirka)
1/2 cup Water
1 teaspoon Red chilli pepper (Lal Mirchi)
400-425 grams Sugar (Cheeni) (2 1/2 heaped cup)
4 teaspoons Salt (Namak)
2 tsps long strips of Ginger (Adrak)
2 cloves Garlic (Lasun)
3/4 teaspoon big Cardamom (Elaichi Moti) powder
60 grams Raisins (Kishmish) (4 tsps)
- Wash the mangoes and dry them.
- Peel and cut mangoes into very thin and long slices removing the stones.
- Chop garlic very fine and cut ginger into thin and long slices.
- Cook the mango slices, garlic and ginger in water on a low fire.
- When tender, add sugar, vinegar, Red chili pepper , cardamoms, salt and blanched almonds and stir until thick and becomes golden.
- Remove from the fire, add raisins and mix well.
- Cool and put in an airtight jar.
- Store in a cool and dark place.