250 grams Sugar (Cheeni) (2 cups heaped)
1 teaspoon Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
2 tablespoons Salt (Namak)
1/4 teaspoon ground big Cardamoms (Elaichi Moti)
1/8 teaspoon ground Cloves (Lavang)
- Wash the lemons and wipe with a cloth.
- Squeeze out the juice and add salt to it.
- Cut long strips of lemon skins and soak in the juice and put in a jar.
- Put the jar in the sun for 6 days and shake it every other day till the lemon skins are tender.
- Add sugar, Red chili pepper , cardamoms and cloves and mix.
- Keep it in the sun until sugar is dissolved.
- This chutney can be preserved for one year if it is kept in an airtight jar.