Here is an easy Handi Chicken recipe. Handi murgh is a quick and simple to prepare dish. This yummy and delicious recipe of Handi chicken is awesome. Learn how to make handi chicken. This is an excellent chicken dish for a sunday afternoon lunch.
3 big Tomatoes
2 medium sliced Onions
1 1/2 tblsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 cup Curd
1/2 cup Full Cream
2 tbsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1 tsp Fenugreek Leaves (Kasthuri Methi)
Salt To Taste
3 -4 tblsp Ghee / Oil
2 tsp Garam Masala (Ingredients given below)
For Garam Masala:
3 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera )
3 tsp Coriander Seeds (Sookha Dhania)
1 1/2 tsp Black peppercorns
4 Cloves (Laung)
1 ” Cinnamon Stick piece
3 Brown Cardmom
2 tsp Fennel Seeds (Saunf)
1 Star Anise
2 Dry Red Chillies
Finely chopped green coriander
- Heat ghee or oil in a heavy bottom pan, add chicken pieces and fry till they are done. Take them out on a paper towel.
- In the remaining ghee add the onions sliced abd saute them till light brown. Make sure not burn them.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and cook till all the raw smell disappears.
- Now add all the dry spices – Red Chilly Powder, Corainder Powder, Turmeric Powder. Add a tablespoon of water so that the spices do not burn.
- Once the masala is nicely cooked add the tomato puree and cook it till the oil separates.
- Now add beaten curd and cook till the curd gets fully incorporated in the gravy.
- When the oil starts to separate add the chicken pieces and mix well so that all the pieces are fully smeared with the masala. Let the chicken simmer for few minutes in this masala.
- Once the chicken is fully done add the cream and kasuri methi and garam masala.
- Cook for just 2 minutes on low flame and then take it out in a serving dish.
- Garnish with the finely chopped coriander leaves.