Dahi Bhindi is a spicy dish made with bhindi in yogurt gravy. Dahi wali bhindi can be served with chapatis and naans. Learn how to make dahi wali bhindi.
1 1/2 cup yogurt(whisked)
2-3 green chillies
1 inch piece Ginger
1/2 tsp peppercorns
1 tblsp besan
2 whole dry red chillies
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tblsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
- Wash and dry the bhindi and cut the stem and the tip.
- Grind ginger and peppercorns in a fine paste.
- Dry roast besan till it gives roasted aroma and keep aside to cool.
- Heat oil in a pan and add dry red chillies and cumin seeds.Let it splutter.
- Add green chillies,coriander powder,turmeric powder,besan and mix well.
- Add bhindi and salt.Cook on medium flame stirring continously.
- Now mix the ginger and peppercorn paste and whisked yogurt.Mix well and cook for 10 minutes till bhindi is cooked.
- Serve hot.