Scrumptious chocolate coconut cake made from desicated coconut, cocoa, margarine and milk.
1/2 cup milk
4 oz. margarine
6 oz. sugar
4 oz. plain flour
1 level tsp cocoa
pinch of salt
1 tspful baking powder
- Soak the coconut in the milk for 1/2 hour.
- Cream fat and sugar, add the lightly beaten eggs and then the coconut and milk.
- Stir in the well-sieved dry ingredients, mix well and turn into a greased lined tin 10 inch by 8 inch.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 30-40 minutes.
- When cold, decorate the top as desired, or cut into fingers.