Besan Ladoo is a very popular Indian mithai and highly loved by all. Besan ke ladoo is made from roasted besan, sugar and garnished with crunchy nuts. Its the crunchy texture of these laddoos that makes them highly addictive and you cannot stop at just eating one. These ladoos are easy to make and are super delicious. Learn how to make besan ke laddu at home.
Total Time: 1 hr
Serves: 3 – 4
1 1/2 cup sugar (grinded)
1 cup ghee
1 tblsp water
1 tsp each almonds and cashew nuts (chopped)
- Take a heavy bottom kadai or pan and heat ghee and then add the besan.
- Lower the flame let the besan roast stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- Once the color of the besan changes to light golden and a sweet aroma is released add 1 tblsp of water.
- On low flame only let the water evaporate stirring constantly. Adding water causes small crumbs of besan to form which gives a wonderful texture to the ladoos.
- Remove from the heat and allow the besan to cool down a little. Do not add sugar to hot besan or the sugar will crystallise.
- Later add sugar and nuts to the gram flour and mix thoroughly.
- Now grease your plams with little oil and form ping-pong size balls of the mixture.
- For garnish place a cashewnut in the center top.
- Besan Laddoo are ready to be served to your loved ones.