Basundi is a popular dessert from the state of Gujarat. Milk is reduced to half the quantity and then nuts and sugar are added to it. Very flavourful. Learn how to make basundi.
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
5 chopped Almond (Badam)
1 tblsp chopped pista
10 strands Saffron (kesar)
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottom kadai.
- Now in 1 tblsp of warm milk add the saffron strands. Keep them aside for the flavours to release.
- Keep stirring the milk constantly and reduce it till it becomes thick and the quantity of the milk is approximately half a litre.
- Add the sugar, saffron and chopped nuts and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir the mixture occasionally. Remove from the fire.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and add the cardamom powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Serve hot or cold garnished with nuts and saffron strands.