Aloo raita is made by mixing boiled potatoes, curd, green chilly and garnished with chopped coriander. This raita is very delicious and can be tried with rice, dal or with currries. Here is a simple recipe of how to make aloo ka raita.
2 potatoes (boiled, peeled and cubed)
1 green chili (finely chopped)
1 tsp roasted cumin seed powder
1/4 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- Beat the yoghurt till smooth and thick.
- Add salt, red chili powder, green chili and cumin powder.
- Add potato cubes and stir gently, so that potato pieces do not break up.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves, red chili powder, cumin powder and green chili.
- Serve cold with naan or rice and dal.
- Note: To add a new twist to the recipe pour in 1 tsp of sweet imli chutney